Railway Recruitment Board Entrance Examination are those which are conducted on an All India basis by Railway Recruitment Boards. RRB is an organisation whose main objective is to recruit and make available the right kind of manpower at the right time to the different units of the Railways as per their requirements. In all, there are 19 (nineteen) RRBs, which cater to the respective zonal staffing requirements. RRBs recruit Group “C personnel for different Zonal Railways/Production Units.
Based on the Indents received, Employment Notifications are released in Employment News (A publication of the Government of India) and Indicative advertisements in other News Papers. RRB functions under over all supervision of the Railway Recruitment Control Board, Railway Board (Ministry of Railways), New Delhi. The RRCB formulates policy guidelines and also evaluates / monitors the working of RRBs.
Railway Recruitment Board Entrance Examination Eligibility and Application
- There are generally two Notifications of Railway Recruitment Exams in a year by each RRB. These are published in the Employment Notice. It contains rules and regulations to be followed before filing application. There are different requirements of qualification, age, caste, vision etc., for various types of posts.
- The applications for All India Railway Recruitment Board, received are scrutinized for different eligibility criteria and a list of eligible candidates is drawn. Thereafter, examination date and centre is fixed and call letters are dispatched to eligible candidates one month in advance of the date of examination. Simultaneously the rejected applications data is published in the website for information of in-eligible candidates.
Entrance Examination Pattern and Admission Process
- The examinations may be single stage, two stages, single stage written exam.
- Question paper is of multiple choice objective type. One must read the instructions carefully so that one has a good idea of the nature of the written examination before you actually attempt it.
- Candidates qualified in all stages of the Railway Recruitment Board Exam are finally called for document verification, wherein, all the records are verified and checked with original documents. Certain skill test/aptitude test/interview are also conducted depending on the nature of the posts advertised.
The selection process is based on merit and is subject to the rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), Government of India which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/communities such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Communities (OBC), etc. Ex-servicemen are also entitled for reservation as per the rules.The entire computerized recruitment system functions impersonally.
There are different RRB's offer Entrance Examinations in India. Some of these are:-
- Ahmedabad - www.rrbadi.org
- Ajmer - www.rrbajmer.org
- Allahabad - www.rrbald.nic.in
- Bangalore - www.rrbbnc.gov.in
- Bhopal - www.rrbbpl.nic.in